The Tennessee Disability Coalition is pleased to present the following webinars created by staff.
THE MORE YOU KNOW --The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Access to Health Care in the Current Pandemic and Post-COVID
- Donna DeStefano, Assistant Executive Director, Tennessee Disability Coalition
- Brian Keller, Public Policy and Voting Attorney, Disability Rights Tennessee
- Martie Lafferty, Director of the Accessibility Project, Civil Rights Education and Enforcement Center
- Sherry Wilds, Assistant Legal Director and Director of Pro Bono Services & Legal Interns, Disability Rights Tennessee
- ADA General Concepts and Applicability of Tennessee’s 2020 crisis standards of care
- Lessons Learned During the Pandemic
- Your Voice is Important
- Resources on ADA and COVID-19
Effective Communication: Access to Health Care Services
Effective communication in health care settings is critical for people with various types of disabilities and families/caregivers. This webinar will teach you about the obligations of private health care providers to provide effective communication in compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA). You will also learn about the Southeast ADA Center, the ADA Network, Family Voices National, Family Voices of Tennessee, and available resources and tools.
Presenters: Julie Sullivan, Family Voices of Tennessee; Donna DeStefano, Tennessee Disability Coalition
The Future of the ADA: Owning Your Rights for the Next 30 Years
Presented by: Hannah Vickery, Tennessee Disability Coalition, and Tonya Bowman, Family Voices of Tennessee
To view Presentation Slides and Information: ADAWebinarMay2020.pptx