TWO-STEP APPLICATION PROCESS:
- Submission of a Letter of Interest with a budget outline
- Submission of a full proposal, if requested, using the link provided in your acceptance letter
Important Message: We now use JotForm as an electronic submission process
Click HERE to apply
General funding dates and timelines:
Please note: effective March 2021, prior Grant Award Recipients cannot re-apply for two years (four cycles) with the exception of topic-specific grant cycles.
Click the option below that is best for your needs to download and print these general grant dates and timelines
Funds will be awarded in two installments:
- The first grant installment will be dispersed only after the signed Contract Agreement is returned to the TDC
- The second grant installment will be dispersed only after the standing small grants committee has approved the five-month Summary of Activities Report.
Please Note: The committee may require additional information before approval
- In order to be eligible, an organization's unrestricted funds as part of their annual budget must be less than $2 million.
- Unlike restricted funds, unrestricted funds are designated by the funder and usually go toward operating expenses, or the program of the nonprofit's choice.
- Grant funds must be used during the designated grant year
- Funds cannot be used for past expenses, or to reimburse the program for expenses that were paid before the first award was deposited
- If grant funds are not exhausted, the excess funds must be returned to the TDC
- If grant funds are used for expenses that are not outlined in the proposed program budget line Items, funds must be returned to the TDC
- Grant awards are not considered gifts or charitable grants
All grantees will be required to submit:
Please note: You will receive an electronic JotForm link for submitting these reports
- A five-month progress report in the proper format, with a current budget report
- A final report, including a final budget, within six weeks following the end of the project term (see the summary of activities hyperlink below)
Please note: Many organizations apply for grants each year and the overall amount of funding requested far exceeds our resources. Declined applications in no way reflect the worthiness of an organization's mission or programming and these groups are encouraged to apply again in future cycles.
DOWNLOADABLE GUIDELINES and DEADLINES:
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT:
DOWNLOAD OR SHARE OUR SMALL GRANTS FLYER: