The Coalition’s Board of Directors is always working to improve the small grants process and we are so thankful for that! Please see the important application process changes below.
1 - STEP APPLICATION PROCESS:
Affective January 1, 2023, the small grants program is a one (1) – step application process!
- Submit a proposal using the JotForm link provided (the link will be posted)
- You will receive an email when funding determinations have been made.
- Please see the calendar below
Important Message: The TDC uses JotForm as our electronic submission platform. JotForm is an accessible platform; however, to request an accommodation or alternate forms, please email Carrie Carlson at email@example.com
General funding dates and timelines:
Prior Grant Award Recipients cannot re-apply for two years (four cycles), except for topic-specific grant cycle recipients. The calendar for this starts after the grant has ended.
Grant funds are disbursed in two installments:
Please see your funding agreement for disbursement dates.
- Once you have returned the signed Funding Agreement to the TDC staff liaison, the first installment with be disbursed by the date noted on your funding agreement.
- Once the standing small grants committee has approved the five-month Summary of Activities Report submitted, disbursement of the second installment will happen by the date noted in your funding agreement.
- Late report submissions or insufficient reports can delay your second installment
- Your funding announcement may have specifics to address in your five-month report. Please make sure you address those specifics.
- Grant funds must be used during the designated grant year
- Funds cannot be used for past expenses, or to reimburse the program for expenses that were paid before the first award was deposited
- If grant funds are not exhausted, the excess funds must be returned to the TDC
- If grant funds are used for expenses that are not outlined in the proposed program budget line Items, funds must be returned to the TDC
- Grant awards are not considered gifts or charitable grants
All grantees will be required to submit:
Please note: You will receive an electronic link for submitting these reports via JotForm. Reports submitted in alternative formats will not be accepted, unless you have requested that accommodation.
- A five-month progress report, with a current budget
- A final report, including a final budget, within four weeks following the end of the project term
Many organizations apply for grants each year and the overall amount of funding requested far exceeds our resources. Declined applications in no way reflect the worthiness of an organization's mission or programming and these groups are encouraged to apply again in future cycles.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CONTACT: