Accessibility Statement for the Tennessee Disability Coalition's Website
The Tennessee Disability Coalition is committed to providing a website that is inclusive and accessible for everyone, regardless of technology or ability.
Measures to support accessibility
Tennessee Disability Coalition takes the following measures to ensure accessibility of the Tennessee Disability Coalition's website:
- Include accessibility throughout our internal policies.
- Integrate accessibility into our procurement practices.
- Appoint an accessibility officer and/or ombudsperson.
- Provide continual accessibility training for our staff.
- Assign clear accessibility goals and responsibilities.
- Employ formal accessibility quality assurance methods.
- We consult multiple Tennesseans with varying types of disabilities in our design process.
The Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) define the requirements for designers and developers to improve accessibility for people with disabilities. It defines three levels of conformance: Level A, Level AA, and Level AAA. The Tennessee Disability Coalition's website is fully conformant with WCAG 2.0 level A. Fully conformant means that the content fully conforms to the accessibility standard without any exceptions.
Additional accessibility considerations
Our goal is WCAG 2.1 Level A conformance; however, our site uses the ReciteMe layover technology as an added layer of accessibility. The layover allows users to access our site in 90+ languages, as well as adjust preferences in site color, font types and styles, screen masks, plain text mode, and audio downloads of on-screen text.
We welcome your feedback on the accessibility of the Tennessee Disability Coalition's website. Please let us know if you encounter accessibility barriers on the Tennessee Disability Coalition's website:
- Phone: (615) 383-9442
- E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Visitor Address: 955 Woodland St. Nashville, TN 37209
- Postal Address: PO Box 90145
- Twitter: @TNDisability
- Facebook: /TNDisability
- Instagram: @TNDisability
We try to respond to feedback within 2-4 business days.
Tennessee Disability Coalition assessed the accessibility of the Tennessee Disability Coalition's website by the following approaches:
- We have multiple Tennesseans with varying types of disabilities access our site, and provide feedback on improvements for accessibility.
If any part of our site is inaccessible to you, or otherwise incomprehensible, please do not hesitate to bring it to our attention by emailing us at email@example.com, or by calling our office at (615) 383-9442.
Formal approval of this accessibility statement
This Accessibility Statement is approved by:
Tennessee Disability Coalition
Thomas M Jedlowski
Director of Communication & Technology