Whether you're new to advocating for the rights and voices of yourself and Tennesseans with disabilities, or a veteran supporter and self-advocate, this 2020 edition of the Advocacy Toolkit has the tools you need to succeed. Will you join us in our campaign to be "in this together" with people of all abilities?
This toolkit includes:
- "Everyday Advocacy: A TDC Perspective" - a piece on the importance of all forms of advocacy
- Tips for Meeting with Your Legislator
- Watch this video on self-advocacy for tips and tricks on being the best self-advocate you can be in meetings with your legislator: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qNenJ3jkXUw
- Policy One Pagers - to provide information on the state legislative issues affecting Tennesseans with Disabilitie
- Leave Behinds - Print and fill it out to leave behind with your legislators after meeting with them
- Voting Resources
- Follow this link to find the legislators that represent your district (you're their constituent!): https://wapp.capitol.tn.gov/Apps/fmlv3/lookup.aspx
- Email your legislators and let them know about the issues you care about: https://cqrcengage.com/actionnetwork/app/onestep-write-a-letter?2&engagementId=505935
***For text only versions or other alternative formats, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.